Friday, February 10, 2012

If then functions?

I decided that while I am waiting for IRB and other things to be processed, I will pick up another project that has been on the back burner.

Last spring, I collected about 300 surveys from apparel design and merchandising student measuring their beliefs about obese people. In order to convert the results from a crazy excel sheet with a ton of numbers I need to figure out how to do a if = then function.... or something like that. Haha, well my morning has been filled with dull reading of how to create a function to add up the results for me. (Sometime I wonder if taking the time to figure out how to tell a computer to score it is slower than manually adding up the scores myself...)

I am planning to finish this study up and submit it for publication in an academic journal, International Textiles and Apparel Association, ITAA- I went to their conference last year in Philadelphia and it was really fun and educational- I will let you all know the results of the study once I can figure out how to actually do the formulas. Fun fact: the ITAA conference this year is being hosted in Hawaii, life is so rough when you have to go to a conference in Hawaii right? Hoping my paper gets accepted!

Off to a meeting, a lunch lecture then to give my students a quiz on style lines... here is a sample of what the students are being quizzed on...... Do you know what these styles are called? Oh how I love fashion :)


No comments:

Post a Comment