Thursday, February 9, 2012

Feeling soooo anxious

I am not sure if it was that extra cup of coffee this afternoon or not but I am on pins and needles just waiting!

I am waiting for IRB approval, Internal Review Board Approval for my dissertation project. They want to make sure that the research i am doing is ethical and my participants are not under harm. It has been exactly 2 weeks - the given timeline for a response- and I have not heard anything soooo I called the IRB office, and I know they do not like it when grad students call and say helllooooooo WTF are you doing over there?? But I did, the response was: We are giving your reviewer until Monday and if he (they are not supposed to disclose the gender of the reviewer...) does not get to them then they will nudge him. That is all I got. In the mean time, I am ethically bound to not collecting any data and I am getting antsy.

Seconddddddddly, I am getting an additional email address through OSU so I can easily keep my research and student emails separate. However, I am not allowed to apply for it, our office assistant has to do that. Yeah so about 3 months ago I asked him to, his response was yeah yeah of course I will, then 3 weeks later he asked if my additional email was approved and I was like DUHHHHH. So Monday I emailed him to ask where we were in the process and his response, "ohhh I forgot". Awesome. Waiting on office assistant to get it together.

Besides that..... I am waiting to hear from WVU and MSU about my interview and if they have an offer to make. I have been doing a great job of keeping myself busy with small project and attending extra seminars but today has been slow for me and I am anxious. Hmm tips for combating anxiousness- stop thinking about whatever it is that makes you anxious. Jay and I are going to take Mugsy to the dog park and walk along the river. Hoping that will help take my mind off all the waiting I feel like I am doing right now.....

enough ranting for the day :) p.s. 75 pages of writing for my dissertation done so far! yes!

p.p.s. I was very disappointed this morning, after working out to find no bra in my bag...meaning I was hanging loose for the first class of the day... hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment