Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Trying to keep busy out here

Well, I have been keeping busy with school, research and meetings. I must admit it is a little lonely out here but at least I have Mugsy! Jay has been really great about Skyping and making me feel connected. After my first week of work (and after my lectures) I found these on my office desk :)

It was such a sweet surprise to find my favorite flowers in my new office. A few of my students were with me and it made me feel so special. My students have heard all about Jay and are looking forward to meeting him at University events.


At night I have been catching up on some of my favorite HGTV shows and  doing small craft projects to make the house feel homey. It has been so hot and muggy that we decided to get an AC unit. It is an amazing help! Mugys and I get it going in the living room and keep cool! Here is my latest pillow project I finished just a few days ago.


I did an applique technique for the two lemon pillows and used other Joanne fabrics for the other three. It really brightens up the couch and living room!

Well, my nest project is re-newing my Internal Review Board and Identifying risks associated with participation in social and behavioral science research. It consists of about 60 pages of protocol and 10 quizzes that I had to pass! I thought I was done with exams :) So, I'll be doing that and then working on an application for a study to submit to IRB at WVU. Good times! I still can't believe I am getting paid to read and research and profess! Jackie arrives tomorrow!!!! Yeah!!! Oh it will be SOO nice to have her out here. I'll pick her up in Pittsburgh and she will be here for 6 days! I am so lucky!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment