Friday, September 21, 2012

Jay is Here!!!

Jay arrived late Sunday night and it has been so wonderful to have him here. We have been unpacking all of his items and I have been taking half days to spend time with him. Yesterday we played tennis and went to our first faculty dinner. There was a potluck dinner hosted by the women's center for new female faculty and their families. We had a great time and got to meet some wonderful people. The weather is starting to cool off and the humidity is gone! Jay got here just in time to miss the heat! Tomorrow WVU is playing Maryland and we are going to tailgate and go to the football game! It will be our first football game here together. Yeah! We even bought WVU t-shirts yesterday so we are set to fit in with the other mountaineers.

I am still unpacking my office and setting up pictures. I cannot believe it is almost week 5 of classes. My students are so smart and driven. Teaching is so much easier when you have a great group of students. I am planning a field trip for them to Portland. Several students are interested in athletic apparel design so this will be a fun trip for them as well as me! Well, my students have a quiz today and that means grading for me over the weekend. Overall, things are great. I am still getting adjusted to the town, places and people but feel much better with Jay here. I'll keep posting updates as they come along! xxoo- Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment