Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Semester almost over

Fall semester 2012 is almost over. This is the last week of classes and next week is finals. I have had several students trying to squeeze in last minute meetings to get a few extra points. This is irritating when they have had all semester to talk with me about grades. I guess it is that fight or flight that kicks in for students when they fear the wrath of parents if their grades are not acceptable.

For the most part my students are doing very well. I am in the mist of publishing an article for an academic journal. It is a lot of work prepping for lecture, lecturing, evaluating students work, entering grades into the e-campus system, and then also writing research. It is so funny being on the other side. As an undergraduate, I would ask myself  "what are those professors doing in there all the time, just typing on their key boards!". Hahaha, now I know. They are scheduling meetings, organizing data, getting approval to collect data and on and on and on.

Jay had an interview last week at Arnnet, Foster and Rice CPA firm. He has a second interview there next week! Very exciting! Mugsy is doing great and I am really looking forward to a holiday vacation. Even though it's not looking like much of a vacation at this point. I was just selected to be on a review committee foe the college and I am not sure what they entails but I will find out at a meeting this Thursday. From what it sounds like, I get to peer review about 30 or 40 professors in the college and write reports on there progress towards teaching, research and service activities....... super :)

Back to work for me! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment