Monday, April 16, 2012

Research with Yale University

Oh my!! I am so excited! WVU is offering a grant for Professors who are looking to collaborate with other Universities and companies. A part of being in higher education is bringing in grants (money) to the university that you are employed at. These funds go to research and equipment for teaching and educating the students. Soooo...... WVU has  a $15,000 grant available for researchers who are in underrepresented and minority groups- women being one of the underrepresented groups. I emailed a women at Yale who is brilliant and does research on weight based discrimination. I asked her if she wanted to collaborate with me and apply for the grant together...... long shot I Know BUT to my surprise she emailed me back and was very excited about my area of plus size clothing design. Still soaking in but I am going to collaborate with the Yale Rudd Research Center- oh my goodness. $5,000 goes to Yale for guidance and support in developing a research study and $10,000 to me to develop the study and buy supplies.

It feels really good to know that I am valuable for my brain and not my cute hair or pretty lipstick. Yep. Really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment