Thursday, April 5, 2012

First week struggles

This first week of Spring classes has been good and bad. Good in the sense that I am not taking any classes and I get to focus on my dissertation. Bad that I have a full class to teach with student athletes. I am not sure what it is about these student but they sure like to chat it up, giggle and make comic remarks during lecture. This is quite distracting and while I enjoy a good laugh, it is a huge side track for me and I always for get what I am talking about. 

So where was I??? Oh yeah, so much for words here are some pictures to help express my week.....

First of all, during lecture I put up clothing on this big blow up screen called a (doc cam) whatever that is besides the point, the point is that it zooms in really close so we can see the stitches and as I was pointing out a stitch a student athlete goes, "whoa you need a manicure", really dude? I am trying to talk about the difference between a chain stitch and a lock stitch and all you can see is that my pointer finger is chipped? WOW. My nails are not that bad but this is about how close of an image you get when you put your finger on the doc cam.........



I really want one of these................

but first I need to get a real job ....

so I can get a lot of these..............


to then buy both of these............


But for now................


Continuing the countdown..... 91 days until I am officially done with being a grad student. 



No comments:

Post a Comment