Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Countdown to professor hood

Whoa, does the time fly by!!!


I have been in a dash for the finish line but need to give an update!

Jay is searching for jobs in Morgantown and found several accounting firms and companies that are in need of a CPA or general accountant. I am feeling relieved about that because it is important for us to both  move towards our career goals. I am so happy we can do that together. He is also taking on the task of contacting rental homes for us to check out when we visit at the end of the month. There are a lot of really nice homes in the area and I am so excited to find one that works for us. (also excited to decorate!)

Dissertation update:
Data collection complete! THis includes 28 in-depth interviews,  for ensuring validity and 14 member checks to ensure reliability. 47 hours of transcribing. I am in the analysis phase where I align my objective with my findings and look for similarities across the participants. It is great and I love hearing what women have to say. Found this comic to represent my last 2 years......... I am in-between the despair and drudgery phase at the moment........ :)


Well, I should be off to working on my results but here is a sneak peak of a model I am working on... still needs work- haven't quite figure out a name for the model..... the. And I will explain it all at the defense :) So excited to hear my family and friends are going to be there- feeling the love and support


No comments:

Post a Comment